Et en plus, je parle français ! [fr]
In 2017, the Institut Français launched a communication campaign to promote the French language in a modern and innovative way around the world, in partnership with the Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs, the International Organization of La Francophonie and the Alliance Française Foundation.
World language, language of sharing and influence, the French language brings together more than 270 million speakers on five continents. It is not just the language of glamor and romance. It is mainly a modern language, a language of employment, innovation, digital, business, a language complementary to English, and whose learning helps to learn other languages .
Learning French has many advantages :
French, a language spoken all over the world
• French is the only language with English to be spoken on every continents
• 274 million people speak French around the world
• 29 countries have French as their official language
French, the language of the media
• French is the second language of international news in the media
French, a language taught around the world and easy to learn
• 125 million people learn French language or follow courses in French
• French is the second most widely learned foreign language in the world
• Learn French helps to learn other languages (Spanish, Italian, Portuguese ...)
• Did you know that French and English have 50% vocabulary in common ?
French, language of employment, business language
• French is the 3rd language of business in the world
• French is the second working language of most international organizations (UN, EU, AU, WTO, CIO, FIFA ...)
• French facilitates access to careers in international relations, industry, tourism, law and research.
French, language of studies
• French allows students to study in 800 French higher education and research institutions
• Speaking French allows you to continue your studies in universities and in engineering and business schools, ranked among the best higher institutions in the world.
Source : Figures from the International Organization of La Francophonie and the Department of Foreign Affairs and International Development
Discover Wanalee, Ziem, Karen and Brecht, their pleasure in practicing French in their personal and professional lives, 4 slices of life condensed in just over a minute, accompanied by Stromae music, Belgian-French artist of international renown and fervent defender of the French language.
An international photo contest held from March 1 to April 30, 2017 has collected hundreds of testimonials from students, artists, engineers and professionals from around the world.
Discover the most beautiful photos, chosen by a jury composed of Francophone personalities (Maria de Médeiros, Zeina Abirached, Gaël Faye, Jul, Philippe Geluck, Toma Blok, artistic director of the AvantGarde agency, Benjamin Perret, director of communications at Paris Aéroport, and Anne Tallineau, delegate executive director of the Institut français).
In Malta too, they are artists, architects, scientists, journalists, photographers, lawyers, entrepreneurs, civil servants ... and in addition, they speak French !
The Alliance Française de Malte-Méditerranée (AFMM) offers French courses for all audiences
Like the other French Alliances in the world, the AFMM has three missions:
Offer French classes for all audiences,
To better publicize French culture and Francophone cultures, in all dimensions,
Promote, through events and shows, the promotion of the creation and values of the Francophonie and cultural diversity.
Located in Floriana, it welcomes every year more than eight hundred students, children, adolescents and adults who want to learn French, professionally or by taste. It provides classes of all kinds, general French and conversation classes, specific courses for companies, and prepares and sets up fun workshops to learn French while having fun.
The France Malta Association offers French classes to French-speaking children
France Malta is a Maltese association founded in 2013 by French parents wishing to allow their children to continue learning French in a Francophone setting in Malta. All children participating in the program have French as their mother tongue. Classes are taught by Francophone teachers.
Find the France Malta association on Facebook
The Center Franco-Maltais (CFM) helps to learn French in Maltese schools
The CFM, created in 1984 as part of an agreement between the French and Maltese governments, is now under the Ministry of Education of Malta. Its primary mission is to meet the needs of teaching French as a foreign language in Malta. It is mainly aimed at high school students and teachers of French, but is also open to anyone wishing to learn French.
Learn French on the Internet
Find here the resources that are aimed directly at students who want to learn French at home.
« And in addition, I speak French » : a campaign of the French Institute, in partnership with the Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs, the International Organization of La Francophonie and the French Alliance Foundation.