French healthcare - Healthcare made in France! [fr]
The innovative brand "French Healthcare" aims at gathering companies, researchers and health professionals in order to promote their activities abroad.
The brand FRENCH HEALTHCARE has the ambition to trigger a collective dynamic to stimulate the influence abroad of French expertise and technologies in the healthcare industry.
▪ It is the 4th leader worldwide and 2nd in Europe. The market is evaluated at € 20 billion.
▪ France ranks 5th for the number of European and international patents filed and represents 10% of the patents filed in Europe.
France can count on considerable assets:
> Its education and public healthcare system benefit from an international recognition.
> France is a renowned actor in global health.
> French research and pharmaceutic industry are among the most efficient globally.
> Its capacity for innovation is proven when it comes to medical device, animal health, e-health and silver economy. It is helped by a dynamic ecosystem of startups and SMEs.
These are the dimensions that FRENCH HEALTHCARE will showcase abroad.
FRENCH HEALTHCARE is supported by public and private actors in a close collaboration between:
the Ministries for Europe and Foreign Affairs, for Economy, for Solidarity and Health, for National Education, for Higher Education, Research and Innovation;
the operators (Business France, Expertise France);
the federations and trade unions;
businesses, hospitals, research institutes, innovation centres and Universities.
▪ 2 694 healthcare establishments.
▪ 6% of French industrial employment.
▪ 1 400 companies which design, create, manufacture or distribute healthcare products for a wide variety of human and animal health applications.
FRENCH HEALTHCARE will enable health actors, gathered in one organisation, to:
benefit from common communications to promote their expertise, products and services;
meet foreign delegations willing to discover the French healthcare system, expertise and technology;
participate in common export projects in order to strengthen healthcare systems abroad, upgrade access to medical care and fight against infectious and chronic deseases.