Malte Fête la Musique! [fr]
June marked a musical month for the French Embassy in Malta. Opera, DJ, classical music concerts, pop, techno, jazz... A rich program!
- In the framework of the 22nd Edition of the Bir Miftuh International Music Festival, a concert in homage to Nicolas Isouard, whose bicentenary is being celebrated this year, was given on 16 June with the support of the French Embassy.
A string Quartet accompanied by the singer Clare Ghigo has performed the great works of the Franco-Maltese composer, in the medieval chapel of Saint Mary of Bir Miftuh, a unique place of Maltese heritage.
- The closing concert of the Malta Philharmonic Orchestra took place on 22 June, on the theme of the French composers Berlioz and Debussy.
For the 2018 Music Day in Malta, the French Embassy also had the pleasure of supporting three concerts!
- The gypsy jazz band Swing Nuages at Storeroom (Ta’Xbiex), an alliance of seafront, jazz, and French music much appreciated.
- In partnership with Le Petit Maltais, at Le Surfside (Sliema), the French DJ Colas gave nearly four hours of performances and made dancing many enthusiasts, who had also come to follow the football match between France and Peru.
- Finally, the duo Franco Tartaglia (guitar) & Paul Torpiano (piano) from the group TACT, performed at the restaurant Le Parisien, in Attard, in the presence of the French Ambassador to Malta.
- The " Musical Day " was followed on 28 and 30 June 2018 with two exceptional performances at the Teatru Manoel de l’Opéra " Cendrillon ", a creation by Franco-Maltese composer Nicolas Isouard, directed by conductor Takénori Némoto, under the artistic direction of Jean-Philippe Desrousseaux.
As a testimony of a month of successful music, these various events brought together more than 2000 people!